Miss Lauren

Miss Lauren

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Irritability....

Lauren has been so irritable and tired lately.  I have a feeling some of it is due to her heart problems and maybe even the neurological stuff.  She can't even drink more than two ounces of her bottle without having to stop and rest because she gets so tired.  Her irritability seems to get worse and worse as the day goes on.  Her evenings are awful and, of course, that's when our nurses aren't here.  Occasionally she gets so bad that I just have to put her in bed and let her cry out.  I've tried everything I can think of to make her more comfortable.  She has a great bed already, but we're getting an even better one at the end of the month.  She has lots of soft blankets and a pillow in her bed to help her rest better for naps and bedtime.  But even then, she doesn't sleep the greatest.  I have lavender scented air fresheners around the apartment too.  I end up having to give her Infants Advil just to see if that helps.  It appears as if sometimes she is in pain, but I can't figure out what hurts. 

She also has an extremely low pain tolerance.  I have baby-proofed everything!  I even have padding on the edges of the walls so if she bumps into them (which she does often) she won't get hurt.  Her poor little head is not supposed to get hurt, but she runs into everything.  She even ran into the toilet the other day while crawling and bit a hole in her lip. 

I swear it seems like as soon as we take one step forward, something happens and we end up taking two steps backward.  Her gross motor is going great, but the fine motor and cognitive skills have not.  She's drinking less of her bottles now too.

I'm trying to make the most of our "good times" and enjoy it when she does laugh.  Trying not to stress about everything....

No comments:

Post a Comment