Miss Lauren

Miss Lauren

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Very Busy

My goodness we have been busy!  Well, we discovered Lauren's extreme tiredness and color changes have nothing to do with her heart murmurs.  They are still open, but too small to cause problems.  Which is a great thing.  However, it leaves me wondering why this is still happening to her.  We are now considering the possibility of it being related to her lungs.  There is a chance that she may have been micro-aspirating for the last six months to a year and it has caused scar tissue to develop on her lungs.  We will see her Pulmonologist in two weeks to find out.  She is doing fantastic with her "walking".  She took eight steps last week for her Physical Therapist.  We have a new Occupational Therapist starting this Friday and hopefully she can help us with some of Lauren's sensory issues.  She is definitely beginning to act more like a toddler, some days anyway.  She is into everything!!!  She is wearing me out.  I have been so exhausted lately.  You'd think I would be used to doing all the extra's each day that Lauren requires, but it still gets tiring sometimes.  I feel like I am always so busy caring for Lauren, that I never have time for myself anymore.....

No comments:

Post a Comment