Miss Lauren

Miss Lauren

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Staying Organized

One of the most important things that I do for Lauren is to keep all of her information organized.  I purchased an explandable fifteen pocket file folder from Wal-Mart as well as fifteen three pronged folders.  I labeled each folder on the front with the physician's name and department along with having a folder for each home health agency, all prescriptions, a Behavior Log, and a Daily Log.  Each day I write down every bottle, diaper change, medication given, nap, any solid foods she may eat, any appointments and comments for the day.  I keep track of all seizure-like activity and when she has a "brain storm" or a speradic tantrum in the Behavior Log.  I take all of this to each and every appointment with me.  I can answer any question that the doctors, nurses, or case managers ask me.  I even printed off a copy of each "major" appointment / surgery and important information for all of her physicians so that they can all be kept up to date on her.  She has eleven physicians on her team and sometimes it gets hard to keep on top of them.  It does get very time consuming, but in the end, it's all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment